We work on a fixed fee basis, so you will know exactly how much your remortage is going to cost from the outset.
If during the transaction there are any new development which could lead to an additional cost, we will discuss the change in fees with you at the earliest opportunity and agree a way forward.
We do not undertake mortgage or tax advice and we would recommend you seek advice from an independent mortgage broker or financial adviser.
We do not carry out valuations on your home, this will be conducted by your new lender.
A typical remortgage takes between 6 and 8 weeks, however it can be longer if there are any complications such as an application being rejected. The process may also take longer if you switch lenders compared with getting a new deal with your current mortgage company.
With every transaction there are key milestones, which may vary according to individual circumstances. They may be as follows:
- Taking your instructions and giving initial advice based on the information you have provided
- Requesting the Title Deeds and Redemption Statement
- Obtaining Official Copies of the Title
- Checking the Title
- Checking Official Copies
- Leasehold properties will require the lease to be checked and enquiries made if relevant
- Checking the mortgage offer
- Preparing for completion
- Requesting final redemption statement
- Requesting the mortgage advance