Our team of probate specialists provide advice with understanding and sensitivity when winding up and administrating estates. They can establish whether it is necessary to obtain a Grant of Probate or Letters of Administration to allow assets to be collected and distributed in accordance with the wishes of the deceased.
We can provide support in all of the following areas if required:
- Assistance with the funeral arrangements;
- Preparing income tax returns;
- Arranging valuation of assets in the estate;
- Obtaining the grant of probate or letters of administration;
- Inheritance tax on assets;
- Capital gains tax return for the period when the estate is being administered;
- Advising whether any tax savings are possible;
- Arranging to sell or auction assets;
- Arranging payment of any debts;
- Advising on and dealing with the sale of any property;
- Collecting and distributing the assets amongst the beneficiaries;
- Executor’s income tax returns.
Probate and administration matters vary considerably in their complexity. Whatever the size of the estate, from a few hundred pounds to many millions, we can deal with it, and help the Executors comply with their legal obligations.
For further details please contact:
Jenny Walker or David Watson
Tel: 01489 892101